How to Manage Complaining Clients and have them come back, happier than before
You spend hours on a set, and you make sure you do everything correctly, as best as you can. You’re super proud of your set and the client seems pleased with the results. Later that day, you receive a message from the client saying they aren’t pleased with the lashes and demand a refund. What do you do?
There are a lot of different ways to respond to this situation and whether or not you decide to refund them depends on you and your business’s policies. BUT, whenever you’re handling complaining clients, you always want to make sure you:
- Validate their emotions (even if you disagree, everyone has a right to feel what they feel).
- Apologize that they are feeling how they do (don’t apologize for any mistakes, especially if you did everything correctly. Just apologize that they’re experiencing this).
- Attempt to improve their situation.
- Communicate with the client to prevent this from happening in the future.
- Consider offering a discount for a future service instead of refunding past services.
Unhappy Clients Are Inevitable
As a service provider, unhappy clients are inevitable. You can’t expect to make everybody happy and unhappy clients oftentimes are not a reflection upon your services. Now, if multiple clients complain about the same thing, then that may be a sign that something within your service or business needs to improve.
If you struggle with handling unhappy clients or don’t know how to prepare yourself to handle these situations, take advantage of our volume course that includes free bonuses and mentorship to prep you for complicated situations like this.
Level up your lash game with SoCo Lashes Online Academy.